Thursday, October 18, 2012

I have been hatching out Black Australorpe chicken eggs for a friend who wants good quality brown egg laying chickens.The past 2 days I had a few eggs that were unfertilized, cracked & seeped and had an odor from the bottomless pit (:<........I tried to gently lift these eggs off the egg turner, then gently rock them back & forth.....frustration overtook good sense and..............POW !!!!     BOOM !!!!    MY WHOLE CELLAR & PART OF MY KITCHEN REEKS OF A SMELL THAT RIVALS THE TRENCHES DURING A WW1 MUSTARD GAS ATTACK!!   I should leave well enough alone. I arrive home late from work but check on all the farm animals to make sure all is well & bedded down safe & sound. Last of all I check on the incubators. They had a surprise for me (:>

2 comments:

  1. Black Australorpe--related to Orpingtons, I'm assuming? Any new pictures? I'm new to your blog, but really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea who they are related to. I have had them for 7 years , along with barred rocks. Wonderful chickens & very cold hardy. (:>

    ReplyDelete