Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yesterday I turned 64. I think about what my life will be like 10 and 20 years from now.I would be so sad away from the activity of my farm.I often think , these days, of elderly people trapped in nursing homes with nothing to do. Nothing worth watching to interest their day. What a great idea it would be to locate a nursing home next to a farm, active with cows, horses, goats, sheep, chickens and ducks and turkeys gobbling in the morning!!Being able to see from their bedroom window a boy with a plow or seeding a row.

~A farmer bringing produce for the nursing home family to enjoy! Or visiting with a baby lamb for them to touch.A big pond to fish for bass or cat fish. Blue gills or sunnies. How nice that would be.(:>


1 comment:

  1. Good points, Turkeyfether. I'm a couple years older than you but share your concerns. I like your blog. Visit mine at http://thefencelessprairie.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete