Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Doing the WASH

A few months back my washing machine broke down and I had to wait 3 weeks before it could be repaired. Delays in parts arrival, etc. And so it was that I did the laundry for 3 weeks in the sink. I drained and replaced the water until it ran clear and agitated with my hands .HELLOOO !!  My socks came out cleaner than ever before !  Well, that was a revelation! 
 Saturday I was in my little local market, about the size of a 1 1/2 car garage when I fell upon this handy dandy washing machine!!  Never again would I fear prolonged power outages or a parts arrival!   I asked my husband if I could get it as an early Christmas present. He thought about it and said "Yes". HAH!!  In case of an EMP attack over Unityville we will have clean clothes. We shall do laundry without batting an eye !  
I washed the inside with that great smelling cleaning fluid that you can make yourself out of vinegar, sodium bicarb, lemon juice, water and Dawn dish washing liquid. It leaked for awhile but finally the wood swelled once again with the hot water.  I already had a wringer since the 1970's so I just set it on the rim and it fit like a glove. It's been a very long time since it's been with it's washing machine.

I scrubbed down the outer bucket and it said "The Queen"   made by the Purnell Mfg. Company in Reading, Pa.  I think I'll shine this baby up a little bit.  (:>

No comments:

Post a Comment