Monday, August 3, 2009

Tradition & Pie Crust Rolls


For as far back as I can remember, pie crust rolls were the traditional thing to make when you finished making pies. What to do with leftover dough ? Make pie crust rolls.SOOOOOOO delicious !! Especially when hot! Here's what you do: Roll out the leftover dough and , with a butter knife, smear piecrust dough with margarine. Then take a shaker mixed with sugar & cinnamon, sprinkle across dough. Cut in strips.Then roll up and bake at 400F for 15 - 20 min.until golden brown.


My mom always made piecrust rolls after making pies at Thanksgiving & Christmas.They are so delicious and never lasted long. The other tradition was the cinnamon & sugar SHAKER. It was my paternal Grandfather's , then my parents ,then mine.My grandson, Brandon, is so very interested in just about everything that has to do with family.He takes in every detail,including recipes.I'm glad, because I'm very nostalgic ( if you haven't guessed THAT already !)

No comments:

Post a Comment