Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What a Corny Day !





I got the BEST corn seed from my nearby RT 42 Market! Such perfect white corn! So sugary sweet and scrumptious..you don't even need to cook it.Ed said,"Want help strippin' corn?" (?????)~~~~ (Do cats love mice?? Do cops love to give tickets?? Ho YEAA!! I love this man!!)


Sooooo anyway, 8 thousand ears later we were briefly stopped by Angus the cat.Look at HIM!! Whoa !! He decimated that ear of corn in minutes.Back & forth like an old Underwriter Typewriter carriage.It brought out the lion in him ....and tears of joy to my eyes!(sniff)
One thing I noticed was that I never dusted my corn with killer insect powders..neither did local fruit producers.But whereas the tips of some of my corn had some caterpillars,over the years I've noticed that a large portion of ears of corn were affected by corn caterpillars by local producers we bought from that were'nt sprayed. I think the difference was that my chickens & turkeys were on daily patrol throughout my fields , whereas no birds protected the other guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment