Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Baby Lambs

Our baby lambs were born Feb25th,2013 I named them Lucy and Skippy (a girl & a boy).This is Lucy being comforted by her Mama, Sweetpea ,as she nurses. Monday was banding day and immunizations.We band their tails because normally, sheep have long wooley tails that become encrusted with dirt, debris and are subject to fly strikes if not docked.Sheep require maintainence  and love.In return, they bombard you and may ram you if not castrated.However, they do love to be kissed and petted and will kiss you back and affectionately sniff your face , ears and hair.
 All my sheep and goats have names and I have come to quickly recognize and identify each of them.Jesus said, "I  AM the Good Shepherd. The good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep."
 Jesus said "And the sheep hear His voice: and He calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.And when he putteth forth his own sheep,he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.And a stranger will they not follow,but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers."John 10:3-4  Have you ever noticed the number of places where God mentions naming ? One of the first mentions is when He created the first 2 people on Earth. Genesis 5 says "He called their name Adam in the day He created them".Eve had her husbands nameoriginally . Then Adam called her woman and then he named her Eve. The Bible tells you what the significance of those names meant. God brought the animals to Adam to see what he would name them. Also, the Bible tells us that every star, EVERY star has been given a name by God. Naming something places value on them. We have great value to God.Someday, He says He will give us a new name. It will have significance to Him.
As I held the lambs lap on my lap, they settled  and began to sniff my hair, my ears and my face.They were away from their mama for the first time .I could feel the heartbeat in their little chests slowing from panic to trust and finally safe quiet. Of course, my son the helper came by and I quickly ZAPPED them !   HAH!  It had to be done. Sorry!  BUT!!  Strangely enough, only 20 minutes after banding & a needle, I walked to their new pasturing place and they came over to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment