Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Canning


I'm not a competative person. I could care less if your waxbeans are more perfect than mine! Who cares?? Let's have supper, is all that makes any sense to me.
When I go to country fairs, I always go to the Agricultural buildings to see the displays of canned goods and their Blue Ribbons. I don't care if they placed their waxed beans or stringbeans in the jar just right and pretty~~ I'm just GLAD that more gals are out there doing for themselves and their families, instead of depending upon giant big agri~ business to provide for their families. Have you ever read Proverbs 31 ? I also like to scan through the canning jars of fruits and veggies to see what's been canned?? Maybe there's something out there that tastes real good and I should be canning it up!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Not only are home canned items good for your family but they are beautiful!

    I canned close to 300 jars this year and now that it is cooling off I will start to can some more. I am officially addicted! =)

    ReplyDelete