Friday, October 2, 2009

Thrice in One Week!


It's been a gloomy week for sure this week, due to rain.It's Fair week but I haven't had ambition to go due to the cold and wet.However, not only did I see half a rainbow Sunday, but Wednesday I saw two more (seperate) rainbows! Wow!! If I do catch sight of one it's usually years apart from my last sighting.I was on my way home from Selinsgrove and driving north.As I started driving on RT 642 I noticed a rainbow beginning to form across the charcoal colored clouds .It continued to arch until it's span resembled the Bayonne Bridge (or the Sydney,Australia famous bridge span).I let out a scream of delight into my daughters ear as I spoke to her on my cell phone. About 20 minutes later, as I was crossing the mountain in Jerseytown, what do I see again? Another rainbow!! Full span. This one was a beaut! The base of it landed in a harvested hayfield going up the mountain in Millville and the colours engulfed a white farmhouse and out buildings! What a beautiful sight! No, I didn't see the treasure at the foot of that rainbow, but as the LORD God said unto Abram,"I am thy shield and EXCEEDING great reward".(Gen 15:1)

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness ,hath shined in our hearts,to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this TREASURE in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us". (2 Corinthians 4:6-7)
Since I wasn't able to download a picture of a full fledged rainbow,the above pic is a reminder that God promised,"Behold, I make all things new".

No comments:

Post a Comment